Machine Operator Job
Date: Dec 9, 2013
Location: Fontana, CA, US
Requisition Number: FONTANA-3056
Interest Category: Manufacturing
Country: United States
The machine operator will report to the lead/supervisor on shift and will be responsible for Safety, Quality, & Operations to the equipment he/she is operating. Accordingly, will operate different machines and must be able to perform multiple functions to make world class fiber cement products while utilizing the latest fiber-cement technology to manufacture durable building material. We are looking for candidates who:
•Are willing to work a 12 hr. rotating shift
•Have at least 2 years of experience
•Have a high school diploma / GED
•Lift 50 lbs. and handle physical work
•Can work in a team environment
•Have problem-solving skills
- Follow all plant safety regulations and considers safety first in all job actions.
- Support the Department’s daily, weekly, monthly KPI’s by the performance of planned work.
- Maintain the highest quality standard.
- Follow position specific checklist and accepted “best practices.”
- Complete the SBS certification process for required positions in the department;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and comply with plant safety regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend written directions and training manuals.
- Demonstrated ability to read a tape measure.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively take action to solve problems while exhibiting sound judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible in job roles.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver sustainable and superior results.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with peers and management regarding equipment status, safety issues, and turnover information.
- Willingness and ability to become certified to operate forklifts, man lifts and overhead cranes.
- High School diploma or GED equivalency.
- Two years in a manufacturing environment (preferred).
In return, we offer a competitive compensation plan that includes free full medical, dental and vision benefits effective on your first day of the month following 30 days of employment with James Hardie for employee only, minimal cost for family coverage; 6% dollar for dollar matching 401(k) program; Free lunch Friday; Generous paid vacation and holidays; Job training and development; Life insurance; Disability Income Protection; Flexible Spending Accounts; Employee Assistance Program; Discount tickets for amusement parks, recreation sites and movies, and much more!
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
At James Hardie Building Products we apply our science, research, and cutting edge technology to enjoy our continued status as a $1.5 billion world leader in fiber-cement technology. As the world leader in fiber-cement technology we manufacture durable, beautiful building material products for the residential market. We operate in markets around the world, spanning the United States, Europe, Philippines, Australia, and New Zealand. In the United States alone, we have 10 manufacturing plants, three regional offices and one research center. For more information about our company and career opportunities please visit our website at: http://www.jameshardie.com/career
DIVERSITY AT JAMES HARDIE:
We are committed to diversity at James Hardie in every form. We firmly believe that by hiring and developing people of every background and culture it will further strengthen our company and its people in striving for global leadership.
James Hardie is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nearest Major Market: Fontana
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segments: Medical, Equipment Operator, Machinist, Research, Industrial, Healthcare, Manufacturing